The CARE (Collaboration, Assessment, Response, Engagement) Team is a multidisciplinary group that addresses and helps at-risk students obtain the needed supports and assistance to be successful at WVU. The CARE Team, through a collaborative and proactive approach is committed to identifying, preventing, assessing, intervening, and reducing threats to the safety and well-being of students and the greater WVU community.
A small group of committed professionals comprise our multidisciplinary team, including representatives from Academic Affairs, Campus and Community Life, Office of Student Conduct, Carruth Center for Psychological and Psychiatric Services, University Police Department, and Housing and Residence Life.
- Kim Mosby, Senior Associate Dean, CARE Team Chair
- Carrie Showalter, Director of Student Conduct
- T. Anne Hawkins, Clinical Director of Carruth Center for Psychological and Psychiatric Services
- Patricia Cendana, Director of Residence Life
- Sherry St. Clair, Captain, University Police Department
- Freddie McDonald, Director of Center for Learning, Advising and Student Success
- , Title IX Case Manager
- Allison Hayes, CARE Team Case Manager
- Foster a culture of reporting and caring so that students of concern are identified and provided the appropriate supports and referrals
- Improve coordination and communication regarding behavioral issues across campus
- Centralize reporting and referral systems to better identify, assess, manage, track and support WVU students whose behavior causes serious concern
- Utilize a proactive approach and employ early intervention techniques with at-risk students to prevent escalation of concerns and bridge gaps in services
- Provide training, resources, and support to WVU community members to better identify and address behaviors of concern
For questions or inquiries, please contact us at CARETeam@mail.wvu.edu
Anyone can report concerning, disruptive, alarming, or threatening behaviors to the CARE Team. Please include all pertinent information pertaining to the student’s behavior of concern, including any documentation that may be relevant.
Make a CARE Referral